Not sure if your symptoms indicate COVID-19?
This is a rapidly evolving situation. Please visit the CDC’s website for the latest information.
The coronavirus (COVID-19) poses a health threat to many Americans. While most people who become infected will develop only mild symptoms, just as with the flu or any other virus, it makes sense to take appropriate preventive measures. Please find below links to important CDC information, as well as frequently asked questions about how VitalMed Urgent Care is handling COVID-19 and the best practices for seeking treatment at our clinics.
LATEST CDC INFORMATION
VitalMed IS COMMITTED TO SAFELY SERVING YOU
Are VitalMed clinics open during COVID?
Yes, click here to find your nearest location.
Are VitalMed Urgent Care clinics COVID-19 testing centers?
Yes, VitalMed is a COVID-19 testing center. Result time varies based on volume, currently within 1-3 days.
What if I am not sure whether my symptoms indicate COVID-19?
VitalMed has a COVID-19 risk assessment tool that will determine whether you should seek testing for your symptoms.
Due to the high volume of testing at the clinics, we would like to make sure that we educate customers on who should get tested.
Who should get tested?
- I have fever, cough or shortness of breath
- I have had contact with someone positive for a long period of time in a small space
- I have cared for someone who is positive and did not wear the right protective items (or any protective items)
- I was in a large social gathering or event where people were not using the right protective items and have symptoms
- I am elderly, have chronic medical conditions, or am part of a vulnerable population (such as pregnant, immunocompromised, drug user) and have symptoms
- Tested COVID-19 positive and need work clearance
What should I do if I need to visit a VitalMed Urgent Care?
VitalMed has a convenient online booking and registration platform. You can check-in or reserve your appointment time by visiting SolvHealth.
What precautions is VitalMed Urgent Care taking?
In an effort to protect our patients and health care personnel, we ask that you carefully review the steps below.
- The Lobby remains closed. All patients are asked to wait in their vehicle or the comfort of their home until they are next to be seen. The live wait list can be viewed through Solvhealth.com
- Our office will communicate with anyone entering the facility to complete a COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Patients are asked to remain in their vehicle when arriving for their appointment. A staff member will advise when patient may enter the building to be seen.
- Upon entering patients are required to wear mask and we have hand sanitizer available in our clinics for use upon entering.
- All patients will be requested to a temperature check before entering one of our locations.
- Our office visits will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- At this time our restrooms are only available for patient use.
- No visitors will be allowed at this time. Only the patient being evaluated will be allowed in the exam room. All minors should be accompanied by only 1 adult.
- Exam rooms have been designated either for well or sick visits.
- Our common areas and waiting rooms will be cleaned and disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- We ask for patience during this time as our wait times may be longer than usual as we have instituted additional processes and safety guidelines to care for the safety of our community as well as to protect our health care team.